We specialise in computer repairs in Gloucester
Cotswold Computer Medic can fix your laptop or desktop computer or mobile device.
If you’re computer has completely stopped working, screen failed, hard disk problem, motherboard issue or a virus contact Cotswold Computer Medic to give you a quote to get your machine working again or recover data from your machine.
PC Maintenance & Repairs Gloucester
Computers are great tools for use both at home and in business but when they stop working properly they can cause huge headaches for us and it’s amazing how much we miss them when they are gone even for a short period of time. That’s why Cotswold Computer Medic will keep you informed of progress on a regular basis until your problem has been resolved. Our customers in Cheltenham and Gloucester are amazed at how quickly we can turn disaster into customer delight!
Cotswold Computer Medic offers:
- NO CALLOUT FEES
- LOW RATES
- NO JARGON
Laptop DC power socket repair – Laptop won’t charge – Laptop ac power cable has to be held in a certain position to charge?
Are you having problems with your laptop power socket?
Here are some of the symptoms of damaged DC power socket / connector issues:
- You have to hold the adapter in a certain position to make the battery charge
- The laptop flickers between charging and not charging
- The light on the power pack flickers
- The battery does not charge
- The socket feels loose or broken
- The socket is visibly damaged – possibly after a drop
Our DC socket repairs are Guaranteed for 90 days and should the repair fail within this time we will repair again free of charge (unless of course you’ve dropped it again!) Our repairs are often better than the original connections and it’s is very rare for rework to be required.
Don’t be without your laptop for 2 weeks or more by using a large computer retailer – simply drop your laptop into our computer store opposite Gloucester Rugby Club and providing we have the dc socket part in stock you could have your laptop back within 48 hours! (subject to parts availability)
Cotswold Computer Medic can assist with computer repairs in Gloucester
The following is a list of the common computer problems / situations we are asked to resolve at Cotswold Computer Medic:
- Virus removal / Spyware removal
- Home or Business computer repairs
- Peripheral Installations
- PC Repair
- Setup of new computer
- Fault finding
- Internet Email set-up and support
- Operating System Upgrades
- PC Maintenance
- Software installation / upgrades
- Internet Connection Problems
- Networking – Wired or Wireless
- Data Recovery / Transfer
- PC Healthchecks
- Slow or Freezing Computer
- File and Printer Sharing
- Internet Connection Sharing
- Backup concerns
If it’s not listed give us a call anyway…. we have probably encountered your problem before.
Helpful hints and tips for Gloucester computer repairs
- If your computer starts up but is running slow, freezes or has developed a problem then your computer may be in need of a repair. There are however several techie tricks you can try. Before doing this though we always advise you take an up to date backup of all your important data. (All of these tasks are carried out at your own risk). If you are unsure, give us a call we can help.
- Restart your computer. If your computer has locked or frozen, you can press and hold down the power button until the machine powers down or if this doesn’t work you could turn it off at the mains.
- As mentioned before backups are so important should your computer need a repair. Use an external hard drive or cloud backup. Give us a call if you need any advice on which backup solution best suits your needs.
- Computer Security should always be at the forefront of preventing computer slowdowns. Malware, scams, bloatware, spyware and viruses can all cause your computer to feel sluggish in operation and slow to start up. Keeping your computer up to date with windows updates and running an up to date Antivirus or Internet Security software package will help maintain the health of your PC.
- If your computer has just started behaving strangely then it could be to do with a recent software installation. Uninstalling that software to see if it resolves your problem could be a solution. You can do this via the control panel in windows.
- There is no need to run more than one antivirus software package. They can often conflict with each other causing computer slowdowns and can often cause computer crashes.
- If your computer is flagging and it started to do this recently, one option is to perform a system restore to a previous date. This is a built-in powerful software option in windows that can often resolve computer problems. Warning – DO NOT select the option to reset or reinstall windows.
- If your computer won’t start up you might be able to carry out a system repair. You’ll need your windows installation disc or a USB flash drive with windows on it. DO NOT select the install option here.
- No Display? Make sure the monitor is turned on at the wall socket. This could simply be that the cable that goes from your computer to the monitor has become loose. Unplug the cable at both ends and reinsert, ensuring the cable is tight.
- Emails not working? If you’ve recently changed your email password, then you’ll need to change it on all your devices. Phone, Tablet, Computer and Laptop.
- There are so many email scams and phishing emails being sent to our computers and the golden rules are that you should never click on any links on emails you’re not expecting to receive. Don’t open attachments unless you know they are safe. Scan them with your antivirus software to be sure. Ring the person who sent you the email using the number you have for them and not the number in the email. Never send passwords, usernames or login details via email to anyone requesting the information.