Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd – Terms and Conditions (Updated January 2014)
THESE ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO ALL GOODS AND SERVICES SUPPLIED TO YOU BY Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BECAUSE THEY INCLUDE EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN RESPECT OF LIABILITY AND LOSS ARISING FROM THE GOODS AND SERVICES SUPPLIED BY Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd.
Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd reserves the right to change these conditions at any time without notice.
• All contracts formed between Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd and users shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English Law. Any disputes not resolved by the normal complaints procedure will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England & Wales under English Law. If the contract is in Scotland or Northern Ireland the resulting Agreement will be governed by the law of Scotland and the parties agree that any dispute will be dealt with by the Scottish Courts.
• These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights. Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd have the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods you order.
• Goods are subject to availability. If Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd does not supply the goods Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd will refund any money already paid. Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd will not be liable for unforeseeable compensation or damages if Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd do not supply goods.
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd aim to deliver any goods within 14 days; however, deliveries may be subject to conditions outside of our control. All delivery times are approximate and Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd will not be held liable for any unforeseeable compensation or damages as a result of late or non-delivery.
• We do not accept any responsibility for any web site not under our control, which may act as a portal for our site, or be connected by hypertext links from our site.
Supply and Delivery of Goods
• You will only own the goods once Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd have received payment in full. You will be responsible for the goods once delivery is made or delayed by you at delivery.
• Damage to a system or components, supplied by Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd, caused by power surges or spikes, including and not limited to, mains power and telecommunications connections, or to other unspecified sources, voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, rust or corrosion, are not covered under warranty.
• Dead or stuck pixels on any supplied LCD screen are subject to the “Dead pixel policy” of the manufacturer. Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd are bound by the screen manufacturer’s accepted tolerance level, which is based on the screen size and number of defective pixels.
• All parts supplied by Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd are brand new, unless stated. Brand new parts come with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty, commencing from the date the item was purchased by Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd. Hardware supplied with Manufacturers’ warranty only. Hardware replaced under warranty is subject to labour charges.
• The warranty on any hardware will be voided if any sticker placed on the warrantable equipment is removed, broken, tampered with, or is repaired or investigated by others.
• Equipment is only covered for faulty workmanship on parts, and for parts that fail due to manufacturing defects recognised by the component manufacturer. This warranty does not cover failure of equipment due to the system not being serviced adequately, or failure from “fair wear and tear”. This warranty does not cover repairs for the replacement of parts due to incompatibility. The warranty holder will be liable to pay for these repairs.
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd reserves the right to suspend or cancel warranties for failure to pay monies owing to Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd as a result of non-warranty work being carried out on a system at the request of the warranty holder.
• All work is covered by a 30 day labour warranty. If the same fault re-occurs within 30 days of the original invoice date, Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd will only charge for any additional parts that may be required. Excludes faults caused by physical damage, malware, software or end user errors.
• Any repair performed on an item under warranty whereby no fault can be found, or the fault is not covered under warranty (i.e. software, virus, end user error or other non-warranty cause herein stated) a ‘No Fault Found’ fee may be payable by the warranty holder of the usual hourly rate.
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd will not be liable for any damage caused to other equipment by Goods supplied. Due to the nature of some repairs, cosmetic damage to the plastic covers on a computer case can occur in the form of scratches and scuffs. Whilst we make every effort to ensure no damage is caused to a computer, Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd are not liable for the repair or replacement of the damaged part if it does not affect the functionality or usability of the machine (i.e. it is purely cosmetic).
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd does not accept responsibility for any damage resulting from malware that may have been transmitted during servicing or escaped detection.
• Warranties do not cover loss or damage due to the customer’s or third parties’ negligence, accidents, theft, flood, fire, earthquakes, electrical storms or any other act of God or any war related events.
• All jobs carry a minimum 1 hour diagnostic fee, subject to a “no-fix/diagnosis-no-fee” policy. To qualify for our “no-fix/diagnosis-no-fee” policy, the customer must allow Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd sufficient time and access to the equipment to diagnose and fix the problem (this includes return-to-base repairs). If the customer does not allow sufficient time before a diagnosis can be made, they will be billed by the hour. It is at the technician’s discretion whether or not a repair is possible. If the customer decides not to go ahead with a repair, they will be billed by the hour for time spent diagnosing the problem. If, having spent time diagnosing the computer and discovering a replacement part is required but can no longer be obtained or the parts are no longer manufactured, a diagnostic fee will be charged.
If, having spent time diagnosing the computer, and the customer decides not to go ahead with a repair once a diagnosis/quote has been made, a diagnostic fee will be charged.
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd have permission from the customer to carry out the work on the equipment in need of repair. Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd have permission from the customer to replace assemblies or components with devices of similar, or better, design and capability.
• The customer understands and accepts that some applications may no longer work properly after a repair, due to the installation of different hardware or drivers.
It is the customer’s responsibility to reconfigure or reinstall any such applications.
• Hardware repairs may invalidate any remaining manufacturer’s warranty.
• In order to reinstall any and all software, customers are required to provide Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd with the necessary installation media and activation keys.
• In order for Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd to remain in business, payments must be made promptly. Businesses are granted 7 days to pay outstanding invoices. Residential customers are required to pay upon completion.
• Payment methods are cash, cheque, credit/debit card or BACS. Payment is required prior to, or upon, return of your machine. Payments via credit card are subject to a 3% processing fee. Payments via BACS and credit/debit card must be made, and have cleared, prior to return.
• Customer shall back up all data stored in the products to be repaired and remove any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, DVDs or PC Cards before submitting the products for repair or replacement.
• Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd does not accept any liability for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted, stolen or altered during repair. The customer accepts full responsibility for Customer software and data and Cotswold Computer Medic Ltd are not required to advise or remind the customer of appropriate backup and other procedures.
• During the repair every effort will have been made to minimise data loss and retain personal information; however due to the nature of certain repairs this is not always possible. You may therefore find that certain personal / downloaded data previously stored on the computer is no longer accessible. It may be necessary to restore your data from your personal backups.
• Requesting a full backup of your computer can delay turnaround times by up to 1 working day. This is dependent on the amount of data to be backed up, the working condition of the hard drive and the current work load.
Nothing in these terms excludes the company’s liability for any damage or loss caused by a lack of care or negligence by the company.